Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Aeronca Sedan 15AC Projek...

Aeronca Sedan 15AC Projek... Maiden Flight 1 week 4 days ago #701

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
The maiden flight for the Aeronca Sedan has now been planned for Sunday 24th June 2018 - depending on favorite weather conditions.

We will post video clip/s & images of the long awaited maiden flight after it was done...
Thanks to all for following our progress and the amount of interest shown in this project.
Let us aim to Promote, Safe Guard, Foster, Advance and To Protect all forms of Radio Control Flying, Control-line Flying and Free-Flight Flying and Building of Model Aircraft!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aeronca Sedan 15AC Projek... 11 months 3 weeks ago #699

• admin
  • Administrator
Right Friends,

After 3 moves .... i.e. 3 relocations of our Workshop ... and countless other customer's who were assisted in a "teaching them to build" scenarios, the Aeronca is done & dusted. We have also since our last update - "lost" our RC Flying Field in Albertinia - so flying is now mainly done at GRF (George Radio Flyers).

I believe it is a good site to do the Aeronca's Maiden Flight.

After one more engine run - we will be ready for the maiden flight. You are most welcome to start thinking about a possible date (pending favorable weather conditions). A Sunday morning around 09h00 at GRF would be a good day of the week and time to think about. We can normally "predict" (with fair accuracy) about a week in advance whether the weather would be agreeable or not.

Give me a shout and lets plan a great day.... (Bernard - 082 756 6640)
Attachments:
Let us aim to Promote, Safe Guard, Foster, Advance and To Protect all forms of Radio Control Flying, Control-line Flying and Free-Flight Flying and Building of Model Aircraft!

Aeronca Sedan 15AC Projek... 2 years 9 months ago #688

• admin
  • Administrator
Hi Jon,

Jip - it is getting there...

As soon as I am happy that the engine runs reliably we'll start making plans about the maiden flight Saturday.

Min dae.

Aeronca Sedan 15AC Projek... 2 years 9 months ago #687

• jmantel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Maiden flight getting closer - looking forward to it!
Is the flying field in/near Albertinia? Perhaps look at a Saturday, we can drive up and stay over in the local hotel so we can have a beer or 2 to celebrate.

Aeronca Sedan 15AC Projek... 2 years 9 months ago #686

• admin
  • Administrator
Aeronca Sedan was at the ARCF R/C Field last Saturday for its 1st engine start.
This is really going to be an awesome model.

The engine needs to be run-in properly and then the necessary checks & double-checks prior to the maiden flight...
We can start thinking about a date as soon as I am happy that the engine runs reliably and all other checks & double-checks have been completed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jmantel

Aeronca Sedan 15AC Projek... 2 years 10 months ago #685

• jmantel
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
She really is looking pretty damn awesome - love the colours!
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin
Time to create page: 0.427 seconds